Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Gaming Solution for Eelam!




I just couldn’t keep myself away from writing this one about the eelam Tamils. Before I go any further here is a self declaration. Iam just an ordinary tamilian in Tamilnadu with no real political /power ambitions and Iam not a complete follower of what’s happening in SL. My knowledge is very much equivalent to that of a average Chennai resident.

Whenever there is some sort of war in SL, we can see the following faces in the media more frequently. Nedumaran, Vaiko, Tiruma, Ramadoss & S.Swamy. While the 1st four make powerful noises about tamil veeram and gauvravam, the latter at the same time would provide unintended humour giving the double V’s (Vadivelu & Vivek) a run for money.
Till a couple of years I never felt that the people in Eelam (read Tamils) are someone very close to me. But off late its changing a bit due to the wide media coverage and I should definitely mention our film fraternity’s contribution in the same. After interacting with some of the Eelam Tamils across the world through online forums and channels I did come to know the various issues they had faced in SL. Though Iam sympathetic to their issues I really don’t know how much can India really do in this considering the FACT that its still an internal issue (just like our very own Kashmir).

There is a very old saying that all that’s not fair in love and war and I feel that’s what’s happening right now in SL. I don’t want to play the blame game here, coz its really difficult to find a solution unless there is COMPROMISE from both sides. Now I don’t think the Eelam fighters would compromise for anything less than a separate nation. As for the GOSL, I think if there is to be solution for this issue, it has to come from them.

Now I have this strange or you may even call weird idea to solve this issue. Now nothing comes in this world without a price. So what Iam suggesting is, I know there is a huge, I mean a real huge Eelam Tamils across the globe and if they can donate a considerable amount of their fortune and make it a real big sum ( may be say 50 Bn US$) and start negotiating with GOSL for a separate Eelam. I know many True Tamils would be jumping on me asking why we should pay to get back what was ours. But please do think for a second, you have been fighting them for almost 3 decades and the amount of money, energy, human life you put all these years has gone drain most time. So may be its time to try out some other strategy and Iam sure the crores and crores of Tamils in TN would also be ready to contribute ( but don’t expect much the TN politicians ) to help you gain your homeland. Now why don’t we give this a chance?

Let’s pray that we hear only crackers sound and no more gun fires in the island nation.

P.S: This idea’s inspiration is the trading game which we play when we were kids, buying the towns, states and countries.

Cheers!

No comments: